My love. #sammygram
Scenes from a somewhat-sunny-yet-warm Saturday that we turned into a summer brews, BBQ and bags sidewalk party. Bare legs and jackets. So fun. Still hurting. #ouch
It’s here. While I’m not freaked out about hitting 3-0 (okay, a little bit) I have taken inventory and trying out a few healthier things:
- Religiously using eye cream in the morning and night (thanks to the girl at Benefit last weekend for pointing out how much it was needed- Ouch).
- Eating homemade salads 3-4 days a week for lunch (hard to break me of leftovers or subs!) and 2-3 nights a week for dinner. Bor-ing.
- Trying out at least two two-a-days a week, where I take barre or run in the morning and then again in the evening. Then one or the other five days a week. <Has yet to happen> but planning on it next week!
- Professionally, I’ve been attending several trainings- at work, through JLC and networking events each month. Because you just never know. They also have helped me keep perspective and opened my eyes to other interests.
- Financially, well, I haven’t figured this one out yet. Lots up in the air, upcoming trips (Napa is a gift to myself, bc I deserve it!) and I’ve been investing in my condo, which I’ve decided to stay in for a couple more years due to locking in rent rates. So we’ll see. Hopefully the big ticket items are out of the way for a bit.
- With Sammers it’s mainly to maintain his dental routine (aka, adding stuff to his water bc he won’t let me brush his teeth) and we’re committed to once a week brushing in the park when he stands there and acts all proud on display.
All good things. So freakin’ responsible. This is having your shit figured out, no? #yikes #old
That time I wore denim on denim on denim. To a Michael Bolton softball game. #tbt #NationalSiblingsDay
Samson and I had a wonderful walk today. He was uncharacteristically stubborn this afternoon when we turned around to head home. I think he didn’t want to go in and miss out on this gorgeous weather!
Quotes from Sam’s dog walker. I love it. #chicagoweather
Copycat Portillos Chopped Pasta Salad FTW. So good! Lets me have my pasta and eat it too. I nixed the cheese, but the dressing and bacon were musts!
Sammers enjoying the sun yesterday.
Here’s my advice: Have a little faith, and if that doesn’t work, have a lot of mimosas.
Blair Waldorf (via rhodeislandprep)
Update: Little did I know, this was going to be the motto of the weekend. I went from having little plans to three days of many stories, laughs and drinks. Sometimes you just need to stay in workout clothes and have pizza and wine. And then go to brunch the next morning and continue to drink mimosas all day. And a few more the day after that. Totally okay.
Cheers to my lovely drinking buddies this weekend, all of whom are so wise and I can’t imagine not having in my life!
This will be my view:
…and today, another trip locked and loaded… Cabo here we come! #thirstythirty #NYE #Napa #Cabo #lovethesefools
As March comes to an end, I can honestly say I’m not sad to see it go. March was indeed, madness. Changing teams at work, Junior League and the never ending winter took its toll on me. While there was much work, there was a little fun, here’s a quick snapshot of March:
- SPD- One for the books, a rather long and drawn out day that included all of my favorite people.
- JLC- “Get on Boards” training- this two-weekend program really inspired and taught me a lot about the world of non-profit boards that I hope to partake in. Lots to look forward to!
- Home improvements- New rug, coffee table, duvet, even new paintings done by moi to spruce up the place!
- Didn’t any new outstanding places really: Celeste for drinks, so good!, Q BBQ, Blackfinn & Tortoise Club- eh, but lots of tried-and-true ones: Nico, Siena, Ranalli’s (reopened!), Ditka’s, Bub City, Paris Club (also reopened!) and Green Street.
- March can’t end without a mention of my Jayhawks. Heartbreaking end to the season, still in mourning/don’t feel like talking about it.
Bring on April showers… as long as it’s not snow!
Hilarious BuzzFeed find to lighten your Monday. Children’s books retold for adults. Love.
No words! #greenriverordinance (at Bottom Lounge)
I had a major craving for some chicken spiedini a couple of weeks ago and luckily, my parents were in KC and were able to pick up some Garozzo’s amogio for me. I figured once I get my hands on a bottle I’ll be able to copy it in no time! Last night I used the sauce for the first time, skipped the bread crumbs and added my own truffle spaghetti. Delish! Now I just need to figure out the recipe for the amogio before I run out…