Hi. I’m alive. Barely. Rockin’ out this all afternoon. Love.
Had to share a quick video of Sammy at the park today in the snow. This dog knows a thing or two about being chased, the other dog owners were literally thanking me when we left for Sam leading the chaos and wearing all the other dogs out.
There was no time to waste the rest of the weekend- Tasting Table Small Biz Food Fest at Block 37 on Saturday (read: cold fried chicken is the jam). Followed byChristmakah at a friends place in Old Town. I’ve danced so much this weekend my limbs are weak, laughed and sang so much my voice is shot. Recovery will still be taking place tomorrow. I literally need to the work week to recover before more celebrations next weekend… great problems to have.
Friday was my third Breakfast and it certainly lived up to expectations. Started at the Billy Goat at 7ish for double cheezborgers (with bacon!), screwdrivers and to kick off the morning. Then off to the theater for the show this year, with emcee Rob Schneider and many hilarious skits (I even made a cameo!). So proud of my peers for the work they did. Followed by the After Party where there was more champagne, glow sticks, glasses and guns than you can imagine.
I somehow rallied and made it to the after after party where some of us headed to Market for what else- cotton candy, champs, truffle fries and pizza! Sixteen hours later, I was spent. I had so much fun with my crew, many memories and lots of laughs. Days like that make the rest of them seem worth it… most of the time :)
Company holiday party tomorrow. Even the after party has hype. With our team producing “The Breakfast” this year, I’m even more excited. It will be interesting… Cheers!
Never intend on seeing the movie, but this song is heartbreakingly gorgeous. Add it to the list.
Every month seems to get busier and busier. Even with working a few 60 hour weeks, it was filled with so many things! I am totally in the holiday mood, with multiple parties, events and holiday cheer… trying my best to balance my life with healthy habits as well, but we will see. #CHL will make it to 2014!
November run sheet:
- Was cleared by my podiatrist to run again, stopped PT. First run yesterday at the #ditkadash and seem to be okay. Amen!
- Attended a thrilling and amazing KU Basketball game vs. Duke at the United Center. So lucky to have witnessed these teams this year!
- Randomly ran into D. Rose at Potbelly. Weirdest celeb sighting to date.
- Executed a huge week-long event at work- involving puppies and happy hours every day, making me very thankful for my job.
- Causes to party: A 30th birthday with a 20’s theme and said goodbye to an incredibly talented coworker and celebrated a little too hard…
- Spent some quality time with my favorite people heading into the holidays, including a two-day retreat to the Jacob’s in Highland Park.
The latest restaurants/drinks:
- Beer Bistro- so fun! great specials!
- Summer House- Gorgeous, good, hoping the service gets better.
- La Sirena Caldestina- Seriously disappointed.
- Scout- Good burgers, majorly need to fix the bathrooms!
- The Dawson- the new fave. really good.
- Stella Barra Pizzeria- Must come back for food, smelled amazing! Great wine prices.